• Perform extra work consisting of plant removal, replanting of lawn, converting lawn areas to planters, or planters to lawn, replacing broken sidewalk, laying mow strips, mulching, laying sod, pruning and planting trees
• Serve as backup to interior, landscaping maintenance, gardening, irrigation technology and grounds person job or job function
• Remove or plant grass, utilize garden tools including rakes, shovels, picks, etc.
• Require digging trenches and set up cement forms for sidewalk replacement, mow strips, and planters
• Utilize pruning and trimming equipment to maintain tress and shrubs
• Operate lawn maintenance equipment including a 36 mower, blower, gas powered trimmer and other power equipment
• Water plants, lawns and gardens
• Apply fertilizer in accordance with scheduled use and application standards
• Knowledge to identify amount of water application and penetrations
• Able to work with cement in preparing for the pour and following procedures.
• Valid drivers license preferred but not required
• Able to lead and instruct up to an 8 man team
• Drives company vehicle to customer location.
• Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
• Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
• Assists in maintaining cleanliness of facility.
• Must be allowed to work in the U.S.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with arms and hands, and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Noise level: Moderate to loud
• Adverse conditions
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions.
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form